Guildford Ice Rink Safety Guidelines
All skaters are reminded that they skate at their own risk. Please watch our Safety Video and read our Do’s and Don’t’s below. Our Terms and Conditions are here.
If you have any special access requirements or questions about these terms and conditions, please call the Box Office on 0161 820 9718. The following rules and regulations are for your safety – please ensure that you have read them before taking to the ice and listen to all instructions from our Ice Marshals or Management.
- Do put your skates on in the skate change area – use seating provided.
- Do keep away from the ice area when resurfacing is taking place.
- Do skate in an anti-clockwise direction unless directed otherwise.
- Do obey skating marshals/management.
- Do put litter in bins provided.
- Do ensure your skates are fitted correctly.
- Do wear suitable attire for outdoor skating, eg gloves and thick socks.
- Do try to keep noise levels to a an acceptable level (i.e no screaming).
- Do bring your own skates, safety equipment or cycling helmet if you prefer.
- Do report any accidents to a member of staff.
- Do always listen and obey the staff’s instructions.
- Do not smoke anywhere at the ice rink.
- Do not go on the ice without skates.
- Do not litter.
- Do not wear “hoodies” with the hood up.
- Do not take bags, phones or cameras on the ice.
- Do not take personal entertainment systems to be used on the ice.
- Do not eat, drink or chew on the ice.
- Do not play tag or any other games on the ice.
- Do not sit or climb on the rink barrier.
- Do not skate across the middle of the ice or against the flow of other skaters.
- Do not skate in chains (two holding hands is allowed).
- Do not chip, throw or spray the ice.
- Do not carry children and infants.
- Do not skate at excessive speed.
- Do not skate backwards.
- Do not stand still or gather in groups whilst on the ice.
- Don’t spin, jump or attempt acrobatic tricks – these aren’t allowed on the rink.
- Anti-social behaviour of any kind will not be tolerated and those responsible will be asked to leave the rink with no refund given.
- You are required to skate in an anti-clockwise direction – however on some occasions the staff may instruct all skaters to skate in a clockwise direction. Please ensure that you are skating in the correct direction at all times.
- Always pay attention to the skaters around you and pay special attention to skaters ahead of you as they cannot see you coming.
- Remember that ice skating can definitely be a fun activity for the whole family, as long as the rules of safety are closely followed.
- If you have small children or are new to skating it is best to go when the rink is less crowded. You can call us on 0161 820 9718 to find out when the rink is not as busy and choose this time to take them. Helmets are available for children but their own cycling helmet may be more comfortable if you can bring it .
Find us here…
The Village Ice Rink
Find us at:
The Village Guildford
Guildford GU1 4SU